Low-carb conference set May 18 in Pequot Lakes
The Lakes Area Low-Carb Conference returns for a second year from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 18, at the Pequot Lakes Baptist Church's Trailside Center.
Conference presenters will explore topics including:
• The history of our nutritional guidelines.
• The origins of our diabetes and obesity epidemics.
• How to eat and thrive on a low-carb diet.
• The science and evidence supporting low-carb diets.
• Connection between diet and cognition.
The audience will be able to ask questions of the speakers during a Q&A session.
The conference will feature a low-carb lunch catered by Prairie Bay. There will be opportunities to connect with local vendors, growers and producers of low-carb foods.
Registration is $16. Search for "Lakes Area Low-Carb 2019" and follow the Eventbrite link or find "Lakes Area Low Carb" on Facebook.