Pequot Lakes Library appreciates patrons, volunteers
This month's featured artist is Gail Burgoyne, who offers watercolors that will make you think spring
The Pequot Lakes Library truly appreciates its patrons and volunteers, and thanks them for everything they do.
Notes about this and that
- The library features artists from around the area. Displays change every two months or seasonally. Painter Gail Burgoyne transitions from winter to spring. Come see her watercolors in March. They’ll make you think spring.
- Our book display table makes note of Children’s Reading Month. And please, if you haven’t already done so, take a peek in our Children’s Room. Some might say it’s the best room in the library (especially kids). Our boat now has flags and is ready to sail. And in honor of this special month, we have numerous new children’s books thanks to a generous donation from a patron family.
- The Crow Wing County Resource Guide is available at the library thanks to the Echo Journal newspaper.
Dates to note
- Tuesday, March 30, 6 p.m.: Kitchigami Regional Library System offers a free virtual presentation by Minnesota historian William D. Green whose latest book is about Nellie Francis, a speaker, suffragist and pioneer for gender and racial equality. Register on Facebook @KRLSLegacy or call your local KRLS Library in Brainerd or Pine River.
- Thursday, April 1, 10:30 a.m.: First Thursday Book Club meeting at the library. We will discuss “All the Pretty Horses,” by Cormac McCarthy. Next month’s book will be, “Caste,” by Isabel Wilkerson. The book club is open to anyone interested. There’s no need to call ahead.
- Address: 31117 Rasmussen Road, Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
- Phone: 218-568-6181.
- Website: www.pequotlakeslibrary.org. Log onto our catalog at the website.
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday and Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Thursday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; closed Sundays and holidays.
The library has six computers equipped with DSL internet service available without charge to the public. Wireless internet is also available.
Claire Nagel is a Pequot Lakes Community Library volunteer.