Pequot Lakes Community Theatre is looking for a cast of two girls ages 9-14, 12 women ages 16-80 and seven men ages 16-80 to bring the classic novel "Jane Eyre" to life for a show to be staged in late February and early March.
Auditions will run from 6-9 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 16-17, in the Pequot Lakes High School auditorium. The auditions will include line reading from the script.
The haunting script by Christine Calvert dramatizes the events of Charlotte Bronte’s 1847 classic story that details the hard life of the titular character as she uncovers a tragic secret while also dealing with painful memories of the past and heartbreaks of the present.
The cast includes:
- Jane Eyre: the determined and singular heroine of the story (adult).
- Aunt Reed: Jane’s cruel aunt (adult).
- Helen Burns: Jane’s childhood friend (role requires some singing) (child).
- Mr. Brocklehurst: stern and pious headmaster of Lowood School (adult).
- Mrs. Fairfax: housekeeper of Thornfield Hall (adult).
- Adele Varens: Rochester’s French ward (role requires some speaking in French as well as some singing) (child).
- Edward Rochester: dark and brooding lord of Thornfield (adult).
- Grace Poole: nurse at Thornfield with mysterious duties (adult).
- Blanche Ingram: spoiled member of society (adult).
- Mary Ingram: Blanche’s shy sister (adult).
- Lady Ingram: Blanche and Mary’s socially scheming mother (adult).
- Amy Eshton: the Ingrams’ society friend (adult).
- Richard Mason: mysterious “friend” of Rochester (adult).
- Dr. Carter: local physician (adult).
- Reverend Wood: local clergyman (adult).
- Bertha: a mysterious individual (adult).
- Hannah: servant to the River family (adult).
- St. John Rivers: young preacher and missionary in training (adult).
- Diana Rivers: sister to St. John & Mary (adult).
- Mary Rivers: sister to Diana & St. John (adult).
- Porter: ex-servant of the Rochesters (adult).
The production is by special arrangement with Playscripts Inc. and will be directed by Ben Gordon.
If you want to audition but are unavailable at the listed times, you can contact the director at 218-587-2027 or email@example.com to see if another time can be arranged.
The show will be staged Feb. 28 and 29 and March 1 and 6-8 in the Pequot Lakes High School auditorium.
Information is available at www.glapa.org or by calling Pequot Lakes Community Education at 218-568-9200.