Five Friday night concerts are scheduled for the spring 2020 Grassroots Concerts season at the Live Well Nightclub and Coffee Bar in Nisswa. Starting time is 7:30 p.m.
The all-volunteer series began in 1988 and has hosted 340 concerts in 32 years. Upcoming concerts include:
- Friday, Feb. 21: Bill Staines returns for his 13th visit, having last performed here in the spring of 2017. For more on Staines, go to www.acousticmusic.com/staines.
- Friday, March 6: Courtney Yasmineh, a Chicago native who ran away from home at age 17 and discovered the music of Bob Dylan. For more on Yasmineh, go to www.courtneyyasmineh.com.
- Friday, March 29: Claudia Schmidt, a Grassroots favorite in seven previous concerts here, brings her quirky hodgepodge back to town. For more on Schmidt, go to www.claudiaschmidt.com.
- Friday, April 20: Ellis brings stirring lyrics and an open heart back to Nisswa for her third show on the Grassroots stage. For more on Ellis, go to www.ellis-music.com.
- Friday, May 1: John Gorka, one of the most beloved Minnesota artists hailed as “the preeminent male singer-songwriter of the New Folk Movement” by Rolling Stone magazine. For more on Gorka, go to www.johngorka.com.
Admission for general seating at all concerts is $10 at the door for adults and $5 for children under 12 with listening attention, when accompanied by an adult. Seating is first-come, first-served. Showtime is 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.).
The Live Well Nightclub and Coffee Bar, 5459 Lakers Lane, Nisswa, is located at the Journey Church next to the school.
Grassroots is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization under the Internal Revenue Code. The concert series welcomes nonperishable food or cash donations to a local food shelf.
For information, go to www.grassrootsconcerts.org, the series Facebook page, or call 218-829-4092.