Walker American Legion to host Sept. 11 observance
The Spencer-Ross American Legion Post #134 of Walker will conduct a flag ceremony Friday, Sept. 11, at the Veterans Podium on the north lawn of the Cass County Courthouse in Walker. The public is invited to attend.
- 9 a.m.: Spencer-Ross American Legion Post #134 of Walker Honor Guard posts the colors.
- 9:01 a.m.: Legion Auxiliary Chaplain Nancy Wagner/opening remarks/ prayer.
- 9:05 a.m.: Cass County Sheriff Honor Guard posts and unfolds flag, the Spencer-Ross American Legion Post #134 of Walker Honor Guard fires three rounds and play taps, Cass County Sheriff Honor Guard refolds the flag.
- 9:10 a.m.: Thirty seconds of siren sound followed by 30 seconds of silence.
- 9:11 a.m.: Flag lowered to half-staff by the Walker Area Joint Fire Department.
- 9:12 a.m.: Ceremonial cannon salute.
The flag will fly at half-staff for the remainder of the day.