Red Kettle Campaign kicks off Nov. 18 in Brainerd lakes area
Hope marches on in the Brainerd lakes area.
With new struggles caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and less than 50 days until Christmas, the Salvation Army is digging in for another challenging season of need and will kick off its Red Kettle Campaign on Thursday, Nov. 18.
As thousands of people continue to struggle with the impacts of pandemic poverty, the Salvation Army of Brainerd is calling on everyone to help individuals and families overcome the threat of eviction amid the holiday season.
The Salvation Army is steadfast on the frontlines of need to ensure hope marches on. The Brainerd service center estimates it will need $155,000 this Christmas season to provide help to those in need and to keep families in their homes.
The Salvation Army needs everyone’s help. The following options are available for those wishing to support their neighbors in need:
- Make a safe and secure donation at the nearest Red Kettle starting Nov. 18. Contactless options are available at any kettle, including Apple Pay, Google Pay, Venmo, PayPal or a QR code scan.
- Enlist in Love's Army with a sustaining gift of $25 per month at BrainerdLakesSA.org.
- Ask Amazon Alexa to donate by saying, "Alexa, donate to The Salvation Army," then specifying the amount.
- Give any amount by texting "KETTLES" to 51555.
- Visit registertoring.com or call 218-829-1120 to volunteer at a Red Kettle or help distribute gifts to children in need.
Every donation helps give hope to those in need, and all gifts stay within the community in which they are given. Visit BrainerdLakesSA .org to donate or learn more about how to help this year.