Pine River-Backus Family Center lists upcoming events
The Pine River-Backus Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays. Following is a schedule of events:
- Christmas for Kids: The family center thanks the community for ongoing donations to the Christmas for Kids program..
- Pine River Area Food Shelf: Food shelf hours are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, and 3:30-6 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month (Jan. 14).
- Home Visiting Program: The Home Visiting Program has immediate openings for expectant mothers who would like additional support with their pregnancy and parenting their child to 3 years of age. Free prenatal gift bags are available to women who are expecting a baby and who live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
- Working Together Coalition and Opioid Prevention Team: All are invited to the upcoming Working Together Coalition meetings. The group is looking for community members to join the fight against the opioid epidemic. Check the coalition's website for more information on the upcoming Opioid Prevention Team meetings at workingtogethercoalition.org.
- NAPS: Pick up is from 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14.
- Medicare Part D open enrollment: Make appointments at the family center for this enrollment by calling the Senior Linkage Line at 1-800-333-2433.
- Child & Teen Check-Up: The January checkup will be Jan. 26. Call Karen if you are in need of an appointment at 218-587-4292.
- Family Center: The Pine River-Backus Family Center will be closed Monday, Jan. 20, in observation of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
"Like" the family center on Facebook or visit www.prbfamilycenter.org.