Pine River-Backus Family Center lists September offerings
As of Tuesday, Sept. 1, the Pine River-Backus Family Center is able to provide services through appointments. Only one person should come at a time, and masks are required.
To arrange appointments, call 218-587-4292.
The Pine River-Backus Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays. Following is a schedule of September events:
- Pine River Area Food Shelf: Emergency food shelf hours are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, and 3:30-6 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month (Sept. 8). This is drive-up distribution. Drive to the outside door of the food shelf on Second Street on the east side of the building.
- MNsure Navigator: Call 218-587-4292 if you have any questions or to set up an appointment.
- Pine River-Backus CommUnity Meals: A local collaborative effort provides a free weekly meal - pickup only - for anyone who is hungry from 4-6 p.m. Mondays at the Riverview Church in Pine River or Thursdays at the Backus Pine Mountaineer Senior Center.
- Home Visiting Program: This is a free program that begins prenatally or before children are 3 months old and continues through their 3rd birthday. Weekly home visits are filled with fun activities and information about a child’s development. From charting their first milestones, to identifying qualities and characteristics parents want in their child, the family support specialist will help parents pick out what is important and create ways to instill those same values in children. Free gift bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby or have a newborn and live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
- Working Together Coalition and Opioid Prevention Team: Both groups are looking for community members to join the fight against the opioid epidemic. They invite interested individuals to visit workingtogethercoalition.org for more information.
- NAPS: Drive-up pickup will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- WIC: Call Cass County at 218-547-6872, extension 310, for an appointment.
- Child & Teen Check-Up: Call Karen at 218-587-4292 for information.
"Like" the Family Center on Facebook or visit www.prbfamilycenter.org.