Pine River-Backus Family Center lists December events
Christmas for Kids applications are due by Dec. 1
The Pine River-Backus Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. The family center will be closed Dec. 24-Jan. 2.
Christmas for Kids application forms are due by Wednesday, Dec. 1. Applications are available at the family center and on the center's website. Applicants will be notified by mail if their family will be a recipient of the Christmas for Kids program this year.
Christmas for Kids donations can be sent to or dropped off at the family center. For more information on making donations or participating in the program, call the family center at 218-587-4292.
Following are December events:
- Pine River Area Food Shelf : The food shelf is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Friday, and from 3:30-6 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month, Dec. 14. The food shelf will be open Dec. 28 and 31.
- Pine River-Backus CommUnity Meals: Free weekly meals for anyone who is hungry are served as boxed meals Mondays at Riverview Church in Pine River and Thursdays at the Backus Pine Mountaineer Senior Center from 4 p.m. until gone.
- Home Visiting Program : The family center's Home Visiting Program has immediate openings for families who would like additional support with pregnancy and children's growth and development. Free swag bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby and live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
- NAPS : Pick up is from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 14, inside the family center. Enter through the back door.
- WIC : Call Cass County Public Health at 218-547-6872 for information or for an appointment.
- Family Planning : Family Planning will take place Monday, Dec. 6. Call 877-275-6123 to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- Child and Teen Check-Ups : Call Cass County Public Health at 218-547-6872 for an appointment or information.
Donations to the Pine River-Backus Family Center are always welcome and help to continue to support families the center serves.