Observance to be held in Walker for 9/11
Spencer-Ross American Legion Post #134 of Walker will conduct a flag ceremony.
The Spencer-Ross American Legion Post #134 of Walker will conduct a flag ceremony Saturday, Sept. 11, at the Veterans Podium on the north lawn of the Cass County Courthouse in Walker. The public is invited to attend.
- 9 a.m.: Spencer-Ross American Legion Post #134 of Walker Honor Guard will post the colors.
- 9:01 a.m.: Legion Auxiliary Chaplain Nancy Wagner will share opening remarks and a prayer.
- 9:05 a.m.: Cass County Sheriff Honor Guard will post and unfold the flag. The Legion Honor Guard will fire three rounds and play taps. The Cass County Sheriff Honor Guard will refold the flag.
- 9:10 a.m.: Thirty seconds of siren will sound followed by 30 seconds of silence.
- 9:11 a.m.: Flag will be lowered to half staff by the Walker Area Joint Fire Department.
- 9:12 a.m.: Ceremonial cannon salute.
The flag will fly at half staff for the remainder of the day.