The Pine River-Backus Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. At this time the family center is serving one person at a time and masks are required. Calls in advance are appreciated.
The family center will be closed Monday, May 31, for Memorial Day. Following are upcoming events:
- Pine River Area Food Shelf: The food shelf is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays. On the second Tuesday of the month (May 11), the food shelf will be open from 3:30-6 p.m.
- Pine River-Backus CommUnity Meals: Free meals are served each Monday at the Riverview Church in Pine River or each Tuesday at the Backus Pine Mountaineer Senior Center. Serving time is 4 p.m. until gone. For more information or to volunteer, call 218-587-4292
- Donation cans: There are donation cans located at various local businesses to make it easier to donate to the Pine River Area Food Shelf.
- Home Visiting Program: This is a free program through the Pine River-Backus Family Center. Home visiting begins prenatally or before children are 3 months old and continues through their 3rd birthday. Weekly home visits are filled with fun activities and information about a child’s development. From charting their first milestones, to identifying qualities and characteristics parents want in their child, the family support specialist will help parents pick out what is important and create ways to instill those same values in children. Free gift bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby or have a newborn and live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
- Working Together Coalition and Opioid Prevention Team: The Working Together Coalition and the Opioid Prevention Team are looking for community members to join the fight against the opioid epidemic. They invite interested individuals to visit workingtogethercoalition.org for more information.
- NAPS: Drive up pick up is from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 11.
- WIC: Call Cass County Public Health at 218-547-6872 for an appointment.
- Family Planning: Family planning is Tuesday, May 4. Call 877-275-6123 to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- Child & Teen Check-Up: Call Cass County Public Health at 218-547-6872 with questions.
- Donations to the Pine River-Backus Family Center are always welcome and help the center to continue to support families they serve.
"Like" the family center on Facebook or visit www.prbfamilycenter.org.