Kids' events return to Pequot Lakes Library
First book club meeting is May 6
Our beloved Preschool Kids’ Story Time, after more than a year, will once again be held every Wednesday at 11 a.m.
And, ta da, more good news: Our Kids’ Summer Reading Program will take place this summer. Keep your eyes peeled to this column for more about it. So nice to see things returning to “normal.”
Notes about this and that
- The library will be closed on Saturday, May 1, for updating our computer.
- We truly appreciate our patrons and volunteers. Thank you all for everything you do.
- Patrons, if you’re doing some spring cleaning, we always accept donations of books provided they are clean, good condition and fairly new. Please, no text books, Readers Digest Condensed, or encyclopedia sets. They just don’t sell well at our book sales and we don’t have room for them on our shelves. (Thanks for your consideration on this matter.)
- Our featured artist, Gail Burgoyne, will have new watercolors hanging during May.
- Our book display table features books of poetry that are in our collection. Also, next time you’re here, take a peek in our Children’s Room. Some might say it’s the best room in the library (especially kids). Our boat now has flags and is ready to sail. We have numerous new children’s books thanks to a generous donation from a patron family!
Dates to Note
- Thursday, May 6, 10:30 a.m.: First Thursday Book Club meeting at the library. To be discussed is “Caste,” by Isabel Wilkerson. Next month’s book will be “It Can’t Happen Here,” by Sinclair Lewis.
The book club is open to anyone interested. There’s no need to call ahead.
- Address: 31117 Rasmussen Road, Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
- Phone: 218-568-6181.
- Website: www.pequotlakeslibrary.org. Log onto our catalog at the website.
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday and Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Thursday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; closed Sundays and holidays.
The library has six computers equipped with DSL internet service available without charge to the public. Wireless internet is also available.
Claire Nagel is a Pequot Lakes Community Library volunteer.