Greater Lakes Area Performing Arts announces 'Recommended Reading for Girls' cast
Show includes visits from famous literary characters.
PEQUOT LAKES — Pequot Lakes Community Theater announces the cast for "Recommended Reading for Girls," a heart-warming comedy/drama play by Ellen Struve.
Performances will be at 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Feb. 11-12, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 13, in the Pequot Lakes High School auditorium. Tickets are available online at www.glapa.org or before showtime at the door. Payment by phone or more information are available at 218-568-9200.
"Recommended Reading for Girls" centers around Amy Saunders who already has a lot on her mind when she arrives at her childhood home. Reeling from a recent layoff and a broken heart, she is staying over to help her mother through a round of chemo. So when Anne from "Anne of Green Gables" inexplicably shows up, it may well be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
Somehow, all the heroines from Amy's favorite childhood novels, from "A Little Princess" to "Heidi," have appeared in her house, and to make things even more perplexing, her sister, Jackie, can see them too. As Jackie worries about the baby she's having soon and the sisters' mom, Marilyn, questions her own path, will the three Saunders women be able to become the heroines of their own stories
"Recommended Reading for Girls" is a winning love letter to family and literature that brims with humor and heart. This show is recommended for audiences ages 12 and older due to a few instances of language and some mature subject matter.
The cast includes:
- Karla Johnson as Amy Saunders.
- Maarja Melandar as Jackie Saunders-Moran.
- Andrea Anderson as Marilyn Saunders.
- Gwen Ward as Anne Shirley.
- Sheridan Wilson as Penny Parker.
- Marcia Stanton as Sara Crewe.
- Mataya Larson as Heidi.
The production crew includes:
- Jennifer LaRee Anderson, director.
- Wren Norgaard, stage manager/assistant director.
- Heather Pearson, costume designer.
- Mike Anderson, set designer and props master.
- Josh Anderson, stagehand/set design assistant.
- Nancy Ryan, technical director/lighting designer/operator.
- Ronnie Villa, sound and lights tech/operator.
- Joell Tvedt, Pequot Lakes Community Education director/producer.
This production is produced in partnerships with Playscripts, Inc.