Fall Festival to stir up Pine River on Saturday
The first Pine River Fall Festival is right around the corner with activities spread throughout the city Saturday, Sept. 26.
The event will be outdoors featuring sanitation stations with hand sanitizer, masks, maps of the events and other items at 12 locations throughout the city. Following is a schedule of events:
- 8 a.m.: Yoga at the Dam Park.
- 8 a.m.-3 p.m.: Pine River Dental Arts staff rummage sale.
- 8-11 a.m.: Pine River American Legion omelet breakfast.
- 9 a.m.: 5K at the Pine River-Backus School track and field.
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Paws and Claws microchip and nail trim clinic.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Old-time photos at the Depot, sponsored by Heritage Group North.
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Shear Grace one finger manicure for kids.
- 10 a.m.-noon: Traditional native storytellers in The Warehouse parking lot.
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Artisan and commercial vendors in town.
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Games for kids in The Warehouse parking lot.
- 11 a.m.: Pony rides, sloppy Joes, cotton candy at Faith Assembly of God Church.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Food trucks by the dam.
- Noon: Live music by the dam.
- Noon-2 p.m.: Fire truck rides at the Pine River Fire Hall.
- Noon-5 p.m.: Horse-drawn hayrides starting at the Cass County Fairgrounds.
- 6-7 p.m.: Biodegradable lanterns of hope to be released at the dam.
- 7:30 p.m.: Drive-in-movie, "Tall Tales," at Pine River-Backus School.
Events sponsored by the school could be subject to cancellation if COVID-19 infection rates in the county rise above a certain threshold.