In honor of its 20th anniversary year, Faith in Action for Cass County is scheduled to hit the road this spring with Community Connections open houses in six communities throughout Cass County.
Open houses will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the following Wednesdays:
- April 28 outside the Faith in Action office at 116 First St. S., Hackensack.
- May 5 outside the Green Scene at 617 Michigan Ave. W., Walker.
- May 12 outside The Warehouse on Second Street South, Pine River.
- May 19 outside at the small park at 220 River St., Pillager.
- May 26 outside near the Woodsman Café in downtown Remer.
- June 2 outside the Docksider in downtown Longville.
The open houses will be held curbside under tents with balloons to mark the celebration and encourage people to stop by.
Area residents can stop in, say "hi," pick up goodies and sign up for a door prize. They can also ask questions about Faith in Action services and learn about volunteer opportunities and how Faith in Action supports community volunteers.
Registered Faith in Action volunteers are also invited to stop by to pick up current program information, supplies, a lunch and a prize. They will also play trivia, learn about online training opportunities and earn tickets to win a door prize.
Faith in Action for Cass County supports community volunteers who help neighbors in need. Volunteers provide needed transportation, homemaking, chores, friendly visits and phone calls, basic home repairs and ramp building. Services are free and available to anyone of any age living in Cass County. Volunteers can choose how and when they want to help out, and they receive liability insurance, orientation, service coordination and mileage reimbursement.
Call 218-675-5435 for more information or visit www.faithinactioncass.com.