The Crosslake Chamber of Commerce will host the annual Crosslake WinterFest event Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 4-6, including SoupFest, fireworks and lots of outdoor activities.
WinterFest will kick off Thursday, Feb. 4, when the first of three daily clues will be released to guide friends or family to the hidden WinterFest medallion. Find it and cash in on a prize basket valued at hundreds courtesy of Crosslake Chamber member businesses.
Outdoor activities Friday evening, Feb. 5, at the Crosslake Community Center will include ice skating, sledding and a fireworks display.
A full day of activities Saturday, Feb. 6, will include kite flying, ice skating, helicopter rides, radar runs, Italian Olympics, shopping, food and drink specials all over town and SoupFest tasting, which will begin at noon. All events are subject to change.
WinterFest facemask buffs are available for $10 and will qualify buyers for deals and discounts all over Crosslake on Feb. 5-6.
Following is a list of activities:
Thursday, Feb. 4
- 9 a.m.: Find the lost medallion. The first of three daily clues will be released at local merchants, on the Crosslake App and at the Crosslake Chamber of Commerce page. The prize package is worth more than $1,000 courtesy of chamber member businesses.
Friday, Feb. 5
- 9 a.m.: Find the lost medallion. The second clue is revealed.
- 7-9 p.m.: The WinterFest celebration begins at the Crosslake Community Center. Participants are encouraged to bring their skates and sleds. There will be skating on the ice rink, a snow mountain, bonfire and s'mores, horse-drawn sleigh rides and Crosslake fire trucks on display. There will also be games and music with DJ "JP." WinterFest gear will be for sale.
- 9 p.m.: WinterFest fireworks by Flashing Thunder will be launched behind the Crosslake Community Center.
Saturday, Feb. 6
- 8-11 a.m.: Stonehouse coffee tasting will take place at Lake Country Crafts & Cones.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Kite flying throughout town.
- 9 a.m.: The third and final lost medallion clue will be released..
- 11 a.m. to dusk: Helicopter rides (weather permitting) will take off from Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant and Bar.
- Noon-3 p.m.: SoupFest will offer participants the chance to sample soups from businesses across Crosslake and vote for their favorite.
- 12:30 p.m.: Italian Olympics at Maucieri's Italian Bistro with multiple bar games for prizes.
- 1-4 p.m.: Snow Barons Radar Runs and ice skating will be at Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant and Bar, weather permitting.