Back to Hack activities will take place Thursday-Sunday, Jan. 14-17, in Hackensack.
Snow sculpting will take place, weather pending. Entrants to the sculpting contest must call the chamber to register ahead of time. More information can be found at hackensackchamber.com or by calling 800-279-6932.
Following is a schedule of events:
Thursday, Jan. 14
- 10 a.m.: Medallion hunt clue No. 1 will be revealed by the Hackensack Chamber of Commerce office.
Friday, Jan. 15
- 10 a.m.: Medallion hunt clue No. 2 will be revealed by the Hackensack Chamber of Commerce office.
Saturday, Jan. 16
- 10 a.m.: Medallion hunt clue No. 3 will be revealed by the Hackensack Chamber of Commerce office.
- 10 a.m.: First annual family poker run. Participants may register at any participating location. Entry is $10 per person with those 18 years or younger entering for free.
- 10:30 a.m.: Family fun run/walk registration at Hackensack Visitor's Center. Registration is $10 for kids 12 and under and $20 for others.
- 10:45 a.m.: Fun run/walk starts.
- Noon-3 p.m.: Paul Bunyan Family Ice Fishing. Registration is at the fishing site for $10 per person. Prizes are available for the biggest fish caught by adults or youth and for the first 25 fish.
- Noon: Registration starts for the Penguin Plunge at Faith in Action.
- 1 p.m.: Penguin Plunge at Birch Lake.
- 2 p.m.: A free winter carnival with kids' games and hot cocoa begins.
- 3 p.m.: Snow sculpting ends and judging begins.
- 5:30 p.m.: Community bonfire begins.
- 6 p.m.: Fireworks over Birch Lake.
Saturday, Jan. 17
- 8:30-11:30 a.m. Auxiliary breakfast at the Hackensack American Legion.
- 12:30 p.m. Back to Hack-It's a Wrap raffle drawing, Penguin Plunge and sculpture winners announced at the Birchwood Char House and Bar.