The Hackensack HUB next to the Hackensack Post Office will host gardening classes starting Monday, Feb. 24.
All classes accept a free will offering to cover the cost of handouts. There is a $15 charge for the April 20 event, which will be held at Country Gardens in Backus.
The following classes will be from 1:30-2:30 p.m. on the days specified. Mary Parrish will be the instructor.
- Feb. 24: Snow cover, winter interest and growing strawberries.
- March 2: Hostas and other shade plants.
- March 9: Starting seeds, viability, herb plantings and other information.
- March 23: Mulching plants, new offerings and past solutions.
- April 20: Planting class at Country Gardens. The cost of the event covers cost of the basket, soil and additives. The staff at the greenhouse will maintain the planter until Memorial Day weekend.
Call Gail or Julie at 218-947-4545 for more information.