Bands in the Park to play Saturdays in Pequot Lakes
First up is Daybreak on June 20
Pequot Lakes will offer free Bands in the Park from 7-9 p.m. Saturdays through summer, starting June 20, at the band shell in Trailside Park. The band performing on the Fourth of July will play from 3-5 p.m.
Bring chairs. Inclement weather location is at the Trailside Center located at 30050 Rasmussen Road, Pequot Lakes.
Following is a schedule:
- June 20, Daybreak: Daybreak plays hits from the ’40s through today’s top classics. The group of four musicians features the vocals of Karla Jensen, Joe McGowan on guitar and vocals, Jim Hanson on keyboard/bass/vocals, and Jim Henkemeyer on drums.
- June 27, One Night Stand: Their music is a unique blend of original arrangements of familiar songs ranging through jazz, blues, rock and gospel.
- July 4, Rockin' Bakken-Tribute to Sinatra: This tribute to Sinatra show features a vocalist singing crooner classics from Frank Sinatra. This performance will be from 3-5 p.m.
- July 11, Rockin' Hill Band: Rockin’ Hill is an eight-piece group playing a variety of rock and roll, blues, jazz classics and more, featuring Adam Rees on guitar; Joe Sullivan on tenor, bari and soprano sax and piano; Jim Henkemeyer on vibes; Craig Lunde and Christina Thell on vocals; Jim Hanson on keys and vocals; John Jambor on vocals and percussion; Terry Miles on bass; and Mike Owen on drums.
- July 18, Uncle Wheat & Eddie: Brad Wallace and Ed Koehler have been playing together in the Brainerd lakes area for more than 25 years in bands that include SKATYRS, Decade 7 and YKNOT. Koehler plays guitar and Wallace sings. They play a variety of popular music from Ella Fitzgerald, Chris Stapleton, Neil Diamond, The Doobie Brothers, The Eagles, Jim Croce, Bread and many more while sprinkling in humor and musical history.
- July 25, Darlene and the Boys: Darlene and the Boys have performed real classic country and variety music for five consecutive years at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Aug. 8, Dos Guys: Dos Guys is a two-man group from Brainerd that plays covers of some of your favorite songs.
- Aug. 15, Big Sweet Life: Big Sweet Life, formed 15 years ago, specializes in guitar-driven rock and blues from American and British artists of the '60s, '70s and '80s. Along with the music, they bring those eras to life by relating stories and fun facts about the songs and the artists who recorded them. You’ll hear songs by the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Dire Straits, Tom Petty, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Byrds, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan and other greats.
- Aug. 22, Norman's Bait & Tackle Choir Band: This Brainerd area group plays a variety of music with a unique style, zany antics and humorous song parodies, including classic, rock ‘n' roll and country favorites. All members of this group have played in other bands for many years.