Because of COVID-19, the procedure for tax help at the library will be different from past years.
Tax packets are now available at the library, which each individual will pick up for his or her taxes. You don’t need an appointment to come in and pick them up. However, at the time you pick them up, you will be scheduled for your first and second appointments.
You will take the packets home to fill out the information needed. During the first appointment, you will meet with the tax preparers to go over your data. During the second appointment, you will come to the library to review and sign your return.
That means you will have to come into the library three different times. You will be required to wear your masks at all times.
If you have questions, please call the library at 218-568-6181.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but this appears to be the best way for all of us to handle the situation.
Appointments will last 15-20 minutes. The first ones will take place at noon Thursday, Feb. 4, and will continue through early April.
Notes about this and that
- We truly appreciate our patrons and volunteers. Thank you all for everything you do.
- The library features artists from around the area. The displays change every two months or seasonally. Watercolorist Gail Burgoyne is showing paintings January through March.
- On our display table we are focusing on travel books and magazines, and DVDs that refer to travel destinations. These might give us ideas about places to go when the pandemic is over!
Dates to note
- Thursday, Feb. 4, 10:30 a.m.: First Thursday Book Club meeting at the library. We will be discussing “Blood and Thunder,” by Hampton Sides. The book club is open to anyone interested. There’s no need to call ahead.
Address: 31117 Rasmussen Road, Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
Website: www.pequotlakeslibrary.org. Log onto our catalog at the website.
Hours: Monday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Closed Sundays and holidays.
The library has six computers equipped with DSL internet service available without charge to the public. Wireless internet is also available.
Claire Nagel is a Pequot Lakes Library volunteer.