Pine River-Backus Family Center lists offerings
The Pine River-Backus Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. Following is a schedule of events:
• MNsure Navigator: Call 218-587-4292 with questions or to schedule an appointment..
• Pine River Area Food Shelf: The Pine River Area Food Shelf is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, and 3:30-6 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month, April 9.
• March Food Share Month: You can still donate to the March FoodShare fundraiser and have your donation proportionately matched until Friday, April 5.
• Tax help: There is no free tax help available at the family center this year.
• Working Together Coalition and Opioid Prevention Team: The WTC will meet at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, at the Pine River-Backus Family Center. The Walker-Hackensack-Akeley Coalition will meet at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, March 18, at the library. There will be no OPT meeting in April.
• Home Visiting Program: The free Home Visiting Program helps mothers who would like additional support with their pregnancy and parenting their child to age 3 years. Prenatal gift bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby or have a newborn and who live in the Pine River-Backus School District. Call Amy at 218-587-4792 to learn more.
• Wonderful Wednesdays: Wonderful Wednesdays is for children ages 3 (by Sept. 1, 2018), 4 or 5 years old and children who were not in kindergarten this past year. Wonderful Wednesdays runs from 9-11 a.m. June 13-Aug. 7 at Pine River-Backus School. Space is limited so early registration is encouraged. Call Karen at the family center for more information.
• NAPS: Pick up is 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, at the family center.
• WIC: Will be at the family center Thursday, April 4. Call Cass County at 218-547-1340, extension 310, for an appointment.
• Family Planning: Will be at the family center Wednesday, April 10. Call 218-587-1340 to schedule an appointment.
• Child & Teen Check-Up: Will be at the family center Thursday and Friday, April 25-26. Call Karen at 218-587-4292 to schedule an appointment.
• Week of the Young Child: Will be at 5:30 p.m. Monday, April 22, at Pine River-Backus School. Enter doors 17, 33 and 34.
"Like" the family center on Facebook or visit www.prbfamilycenter.org.