PR-B Family Center lists February services
Free tax help will not be available at the Pine River-Backus Family Center this year.
Following is a list of upcoming services:
• Pine River Area Food Shelf: Open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, and from 3:30-6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month, Feb. 12. Next month is March Food Share Month, so the food shelf will be looking for donations and having a spaghetti dinner from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, March 24, at the Pine River American Legion.
• MNsure Navigator: Call 218-587-4292 if you have questions or to set up an appointment.
• Home Visiting Program: This program has immediate openings for mothers who would like additional support with their pregnancy and parenting their child to 3 years of age. Free prenatal gift bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby and who live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
• Working Together Coalition and Opioid Prevention Team: The Pine River-Backus WTC meeting will be at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Pine River-Backus Family Center. The Walker-Hackensack-Akeley meeting will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at the Walker Library. The next OPT meeting will be at noon Wednesday, Feb. 20, at The Hub in Hackensack.
• NAPS: Pick up will be from 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12.
• WIC: Will be at the family center Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 6-7. Call Cass County at 218-547-1340, ext. 310, for an appointment.
• Child & Teen Check-Up: Will be at the family center Thursday, Feb. 21. Call Karen for an appointment at 218-587-4292.
• Closed: The family center will be closed Monday, Feb. 18, in observation of Presidents Day.
The family center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays.