The Pine River-Backus Family Center will be closed Monday, Jan. 21, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Following is a list of upcoming events:
• Christmas for Kids: Thank you again to the community for ongoing donations to the Christmas for Kids program. We could not have made this year brighter for so many kids without the help of our volunteers and community partners. Together, we continue to make a difference.
• Pine River Area Food Shelf: The food shelf is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays and from 3:30-6 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month.
• Home Visiting Program: The family center's Home Visiting Program has immediate openings for mothers who would like additional support with their pregnancy and parenting their child to 3 years of age. Free prenatal gift bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby and who live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
• Working Together Coalition (WTC) and Opioid Prevention Team (OPT): Check the website for details and locations of the upcoming WTC and OPT meetings.
• Child & Teen Check-Up: Will be here Monday, Jan. 21. Call Karen for an appointment at 219-587-4292.
The Pine River-Backus Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.