PR-B Family Center happenings
The Pine River-Backus Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. The family center will be closed Monday, Nov. 12, in observance of Veterans Day; Thursday-Friday, Nov. 22-23, in observance of Thanksgiving; and Monday, Dec. 24, through Tuesday, Jan. 1, for the holidays.
Following is a schedule of upcoming events:
• Radiothon to End Child Abuse: Auction items are needed by Friday, Nov. 9. Items must be a $50 value and money raised from auction items goes directly to the family center and stays in this community. Call Karen for more information at 218-587-4292.
• Salty Dog pulled pork fundraiser: The fundraiser will be from 4:30-7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, at the Salty Dog. Proceeds benefit the PR-B Family Center.
• Christmas for Kids: The family center is looking for donations for the Christmas for Kids program. For those who would like to contribute, monetary donations can be dropped off or mailed to the family center at P.O. Box 1, Pine River, MN 56474. Donation boxes will also be available at local businesses for families to donate toys.
• MNsure Navigator: A certified navigator is available at the family center. Call 218-587-4292 to schedule an appointment..
• Pine River Area Food Shelf: The Pine River Area Food Shelf is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Tuesday and Friday, and 3:30-7 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month, Nov. 14. The food shelf will be closed Tuesdays, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
• Working Together Coalition and the Opioid Prevention Team: The groups will meet at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, at the Pine River-Backus Family Center and 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, at the Walker Library. More details can be found on the WTC website regarding OPT meetings.
• Home Visiting Program: The Home Visiting Program has immediate openings for mothers who would like additional support with their pregnancy and parenting their child to age 3 years. Prenatal gift bags are available to all families who are expecting a baby and who live in the Pine River-Backus School District.
• NAPS: Pick up is 2-4 p.m. Nov. 13 at the Family Center.
• WIC: Will be at the family center Wednesday and Thursday, Nov. 7-8. Call Cass County at 218-547-1340, extension 310, for an appointment.
• Family Planning: Will be at the family center Tuesday, Nov. 6. Call 877-275-6123 to schedule an appointment.
• Child & Teen Check-Up: Will be at the family center Thursday, Nov. 29. Call Karen at 218-587-4292 to schedule an appointment.
• Medicare Part D Open Enrollment: Appointments may be made at the family center by calling the Senior Linkage Line at 1-800-333-2433.
"Like" the family center on Facebook or visit www.prbfamilycenter.org.