Weather Forecast


Tom Nelson

January 12, 2018
An early morning fire destroyed Bill and Cynthia Rasmussen’s house on County Road 11 in Breezy Point Sunday, Dec. 31. The fire started where the stove pipe went through the roof. Submitted Photo
Breezy Point couple loses home to fire, is grateful for survival - Police officer happened upon fire by chance
January 12, 2018 - 4:00am
January 3, 2018
Three separate households in the Pequot Lakes/Breezy Point areas were forced to find other living arrangements for the holidays after fires damaged or destroyed their homes. Illustration
House fires force residents out for holidays
January 3, 2018 - 11:00am
October 24, 2017
Kids attending the Nisswa Fire Department open house had the chance to sit in and inspect a North Memorial Ambulance.
Pequot, Nisswa firefighters mark Fire Prevention Week
October 24, 2017 - 4:00am
August 3, 2017
Volunteer members of the Pequot Lakes Fire Department install a sign above one of their earlier fire hall locations.
Pequot Lakes: Fire department comes long way in 100 years
August 3, 2017 - 3:21pm
June 10, 2017
Pequot Lakes Fire Chief Tom Nelson (right) and his daughter, Mackenzie Nelson, walk near a residential unit at Heritage House of Pequot Lakes Thursday, June 8. Tom Nelson confirmed Friday, June 10, a fire is under investigation as an arson. Kelly Humphrey/Brainerd Dispatch
Pequot Lakes: Heritage House fire intentionally set
June 10, 2017 - 4:59pm
May 5, 2017
Breezy Point: Council denies residents' road vacation petition
May 5, 2017 - 5:00am
March 17, 2017
Theresa Bourke/Echo Journal
The Pequot Lakes Fire Department responded to a call at the Lonesome Cottage production facility Friday, March 17, but weren't met with any flames.
Firefighters called to Lonesome Cottage; no flames, damage
March 17, 2017 - 12:47pm
Pequot Lakes: City to consider adopting State Building Code
March 17, 2017 - 10:00am
January 20, 2016 Illustration.
2 people displaced when fire destroys home in Pequot Lakes
January 20, 2016 - 3:20pm
January 18, 2016
2 people displaced when fire destroys home in Pequot Lakes
January 18, 2016 - 8:42pm
November 25, 2015
Pequot Lakes firefighters respond Tuesday to a possible structure fire Tuesday in the hockey dorms next to the Breezy Point Hockey Center. The Breezy Point North Stars Junior Hockey players extinguished most of the fire before firefighters arrived. (Steve Kohls)
Hockey players extinguish fire in dorms
November 25, 2015 - 9:15am