The first time I heard the term "salmon poisoning," I thought it meant salmon were being poisoned. It turned out to be the infections fishermen get when they have an open wound and handle fish.
The next time I ran across salmon poisoning was when a dog died after eating raw salmon. Someone told me worms had worked their way into the dog's brain and killed it.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.