Local blood drives scheduled
The American Red Cross urges eligible donors to give blood during National Preparedness Month to help ensure a readily available supply for emergencies. Blood and platelet donors of all blood types, especially type O, are urgently needed to replenish the blood supply following a critical summer blood shortage.
Five area blood drives are scheduled for early September:
• Noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5, at Crosslake Lutheran Church.
• Noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6, Emily City Hall.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 8, Fins on Ten Mile Lake in Hackensack.
• Noon to 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 8, Lutheran Church of the Cross in Nisswa. Sign up at redcrossblood.org or call the church at 218-963-2564.
• 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 14, Timberwood Church in Nisswa.
Appointments can be scheduled by downloading the free Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting redcrossblood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). To help reduce wait times, donors are encouraged to make appointments and complete the RapidPass online health history questionnaire at redcrossblood.org/RapidPass.