Water quality workshop set July 19 in Crosslake
The Whitefish Area Property Owners Association continues to support its water quality and public information mission with a workshop on water levels in lakes and their impact on water quality.
The workshop with the Army Corps of Engineers will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, July 19, at the Crosslake Community Center. WAPOA members, local government officials, other lake association members, neighbors and all interested people are invited.
Corrine Hodapp and Jason Hauser, Army Corps of Engineers-Crosslake, will be the presenters. They have experience not only with the Crosslake area, but also other Army Corps of Engineers locations within the district.
The following questions will be addressed:
• What is the role and responsibility of the Army Corps of Engineers in Crosslake?
• What are the Army Corps of Engineers' water management responsibilities for the Pine River Reservoir?
• What is the Pine River Reservoir?
• What are the water levels, elevations and requirements, especially during storms and dry, limited rainfall situations?
• Do they have other important responsibilities for the water, habitat and the public?
Participants will have an opportunity to participate in an interactive question-and-answer period.