Firefighters called to Lonesome Cottage; no flames, damage
Smoldering sawdust brought the Pequot Lakes Fire Department to the Lonesome Cottage production facility in the Pequot Lakes industrial park Friday, March 17.
Fire Chief Tom Nelson said the department received the call at 11:50 a.m., but fortunately weren't greeted with any flames. Employees were thawing out the dust collection system, Nelson said, when the incident happened. But he said sawdust doesn't burn easily unless there's air.
No visible damage occurred, and Nelson said employees called the fire department mainly as a precaution.