Weather Forecast


ATV youthful operators


Question: A few years ago, you wrote about this, but has anything changed? What is the regulation concerning who can ride a 90cc ATV, and where they can ride them? I often see young children under age 12 riding them on easements and county roads. If you say something to their parents, they say that the law says that as long as they can reach the peddles then they are legal to ride. Please discuss the regulations on this issue.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.

Denton (Denny) Newman Jr.
I've worked at the Brainerd Dispatch with various duties since Dec. 7, 1983. Starting off as an Ad Designer and currently Director of Audience Development. The Dispatch has been an interesting and challenging place to work. I'm fortunate to have made many friends, both co-workers and customers.
(218) 855-5889