Patriot Perspective: Kid Konnection is kid-tested, parent-approved
The Pequot Lakes School District offers school-age child care services to children from kindergarten through sixth grade.
Students in this age group enjoy being able to spend play time with their school peers. Kid Konnection has been open to students since 1999. For more than 15 years, families have been able to enroll their children in this safe, supervised child care program.
There are many features of Kid Konnection as a school-aged child care program that make it a great choice for children and families.
• Kid Konnection staff members are trained paraprofessionals within the school district.
• Kid Konnection staff members are trained in first aid, CPR and crisis prevention and intervention (CPI) strategies.
• The Kid Konnection program operates with a child-to-adult ratio of 10 children to one staff member.
• The Kid Konnection program offers a variety of age appropriate activities to meet the developmental needs of school-age children. The regular schedule offers physical/large motor activity, social skills, cognitive skills/homework help, science or cooking activities, arts/crafts projects and dramatic play activity.
• The summer Kid Konnection program uses enrichment lessons to work on retention of grade appropriate school skills to avoid the summer back sliding on school skills.
• Kid Konnection is housed at Eagle View Elementary School. The facility is a child-safe environment that offers clean, bright and spacious areas for the variety of activities, including use of the gym, the playground, the science classroom, the Kid Konnection classroom and the computer lab.
• Kid Konnection takes place in a convenient location at Eagle View. The use of the school space means students do not have to be transported during the school year to their child care program.
In the summer, many Community Education enrichment classes are scheduled at Eagle View. Students can be walked from their summer camp activity to Kid Konnection or from the Kid Konnection program to their summer activity in the building.
Students who attend summer school can enroll in Kid Konnection, too.
Busing to Kid Konnection is available for fifth- and sixth-grade students.
• Program hours are convenient for families. The program is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Families can select the number of hours of child care they need for their child or children.
The child care fees are based on half or full days of child care service. Families can also enroll their child for care only on the days when child care is needed. There are no minimum number of days required.
Summer hours begin Wednesday, June 4.
• Kid Konnection offers a family a 15 percent discount for a second child attending the program.
• Kid Konnection has frequent community field trip activities in the summer program.
Call 218-562-6109 for more information on the Kid Konnection program. Registration forms can be completed on the Pequot Lakes School District website. Go to pequotlakes.k12.mn.us, then select “Community Education” and then “Kid Konnection, and go to the registration form.
Registration forms also are available at the Kid Konnection office at Eagle View.
Make Kid Konnection your kid-tested, parent-approved choice for summer child care because it is fun, friendly and family focused to serve your child care needs.