PR-B Community Education lists upcoming classes
To sign up for the following Pine River-Backus Community Education classes, call 218-587-2080 or register online at prbschools.revtrak.net.
• Summer ball: Signup deadline is April 4, with the online deadline April 6. Late registrations will be accepted until April 11 with an additional $20 late fee. Coaches are needed.
• Wondrous Yarn Weavings (Art Concepts by Amber ) will meet from 3-5:15 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, April 7 and 9, in PR-B High School Room 58. Fee is $10.
Participants will make a wall hanging by weaving (participants may bring their own yarn).
• So you have a home-based business, now what? will be offered from 6-7 p.m. April 8, 15, 22 and 29, in the PR-B High School Media Room. Fee is $25. Instructor is Melissa Van Heerden.
Learn the steps to operate a home-based business and strategies to help grow the business. Bring business cards and product catalogs.
Instructor is Melissa Van Heerden.
• Budgeting 101 will be offered from 7-8 p.m. April 8, 15, 22 and 29 at PR-B High School. Fee is $25. Instructor is Melissa Van Heerden.
This course will help participants establish a budget, avoid pitfalls and make good choices, and it will provide a budget that can be reprinted every month to track progress.
• Learn to Bowl at 6:30 p.m. April 10, 17 and 24, at Pine River Community Bowl. Fee is $20. Instructor is Tom Walters.
Bowling promotes health, fitness and hand-eye coordination. Learn scoring basics, basic approach to release and techniques for converting strikes and spares.
• Beginning Hatha Yoga is offered from 5:15-6:15 p.m. Tuesdays, April 8-29, in the EC dance gym. Fee is $35. Instructor is Amber Hunt.
Discover the benefits of yoga and learn poses and breathing techniques to relieve tension and improve mental clarity. This class is ideal for new and experienced students. Wear stretchy comfortable clothes and bring a mat and a blanket.
• American Tribal Style Bellydance will be offered from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, April 10-May 1, in the EC dance gym. Fee is $35.
Each class will cover fun new movements for arms, bellies and hips, focusing on strength, confidence, coordination and creativity. Dress comfortably for fluid movement.
This class is for women only, ages 12-17 (with parental consent) and older.