Candidates sought for Miss Pequot Lakes Scholarship Pageant
Candidates are being sought for the Miss Pequot Lakes Scholarship Pageant, which will be held at 7 p.m. Friday, April 11, in the Pequot Lakes High School auditorium.
Following are the requirements:
• The Miss Pequot Lakes Scholarship is open to all female junior and senior students of the Pequot Lakes School District, including home-schooled students.
• Students must be in good standing and meeting their school requirements.
• Students must have their application in before March 7 to the pageant committee office located at Merritt Jewelers or to Anna Braam, high school counselor’s office.
• Scholarship amounts will be determined once fundraising is complete.
• Miss Pequot Lakes, First Runner-up and Miss Congeniality will be required to attend community events and business celebrations. If the winners cannot attend they will need to notify the pageant committee as soon as possible.
Events include: Cherry Car Show and Pet Parade in Pequot Lakes in June; Fourth of July parades in Pequot Lakes and Nisswa and Bean Hole Days in Pequot Lakes in July; Chokecherry Festival in Pequot Lakes in August; Taste of Pequot Lakes in September; Santa’s Bobbin into Town in Pequot Lakes the second weekend in December; Breezy Point Ice Fest and Antique Snowmobile Rendezvous in Pequot Lakes in January; St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Crosslake in March; and pageants in the surrounding areas.
There may be some last-minute functions that may come up as well. The committee is working to become involved in the Midwest Queens program, which would require attendance for the Minneapolis Aquatennial activities (a full week).
Winners will be required to attend at least two business celebrations, such as grand openings or open houses.
The week of the pageant, Monday-Thursday, April 7-10, there will be additional days required for rehearsals, etc.
The pageant will remain similar to years past, including evening gown competition, talent, interview, onstage question and congeniality.
For more information, contact Kimberly Ziesemer at 218-851-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.