PR-B Community Education offers variety of classes
Pine River-Backus Community Education offers the following upcoming classes. Register for all classes online at prbschool.revtrak.net or mail form to Community Education, PO Box 610, Pine River, MN 56474. Call 218-587-2080 for more information.
• Learn to Bowl: 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 9, 16 and 23, at Community Bowl. Fee is $20. Bowling offers all ages the ability to have fun and learn a lifelong sport. Bowling promotes health, fitness and hand-eye coordination. Learn scoring basics, basic approach to release and techniques for converting strikes and spares. Instructor is Tom Walters.
• Biscotti Baking Basics, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, PR-B High School Room 49. Fee is $5. Learn the basics of making biscotti, a treat to enjoy with coffee or tea. Make 3-5 different kinds and take some home. Instructor is Barb Mann.
• Budgeting 101, 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 7, 14, 21 and 28, PR-B High School Media Center. Fee is $25. This course will help you establish a budget, help you to avoid pitfalls and make good choices. This class will give you a budget you can reprint every month to track your progress. Class will cover seven steps to financial freedom, your income, your needs, your expenses, how do I make it work, bad math, good choices, and what next? Instructor is Melissa Van Heerden.
• So you have a home-based business, now what?, 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 7, 14, 21 and 28, PR-B High School Media Center. Fee is $25. Learn the next steps in a home-based business after it’s established, including strategies that will help you grow your business. Bring business cards and product catalogs. Class will cover Home Office Makeover; F.R.A.N.K; what to do if you don’t have any bookings at all; what to say at in-home parties, what not to say; who can I talk to; everyday give five away; practice, practice, practice and have fun!; bring others with you; what does your home office say?
Instructor is Melissa Van Heerden.
• Editing Your Digital Photographs, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14. Fee is $5.
Learn hints for taking good pictures and options for organizing the pictures on your computer. Class will use the computers and learn how to edit pictures to make them look like you saw them originally. Participants will use software called Gimp to edit pictures. The instructor will provide pictures, but participants can also bring their own pictures. Instructor is Rick Meyer.