PR-B Community Education offers classes
Pine River-Backus Community Education offers the following classes. Contact PR-B Community Education at 218-587-2080 to register or go online at prbschools.revtrak.net.
• Art Concepts with Amber includes three classes that will meet in the school commons. Cost is $5 per class. Snacks will be provided. The classes are:
1. Holiday Sponge Painting, 3-5:15 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12. Make holiday masterpieces using holiday-design shaped sponges.
2. Let it Snow!, 3-5:15 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13. Learn how to creatively make and decorate paper snowflakes.
3. Ornament Creations, 3-5:15 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, Dec. 16 and 18. Make sparkly holiday beauty in this two-part class, where participants will learn to create three special tree ornaments.
• Ultimate Martial Arts Karate and Self-Defense: Learn loyalty and honor and build self confidence while socializing with friends. Ultimate Martial Arts & Fitness is dedicated to providing the highest quality training and a varied curriculum in a courteous and professional manner with Master Instructor 6th Degree Black Belt Rob Nelson. Testing and uniforms are available for an extra fee.
Classes offered: Children (ages 4-5), Tuesdays for $25 per month; Juniors (ages 6-12) and adults (ages 13-plus), Tuesdays and Thursdays for $49 per month. Classes run January through March from 6:30-7:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Wrestling Gym, door 5.
Call Community Education at 218-587-2080 or Ultimate Martial Arts at 218-454-8728 for more information.
• Crafting Together is a free crafting group where participants bring their own craft projects to work on. Crafting tools will be available to learn a new technique or try a new tool. Time is offered from 6-9 p.m. the first Mondays of the month in PR-B High School Room 46 (Jan. 6, Feb. 3 and March 3).
Pre-registration is required through Community Education at 218-587-2080. Group leader is Paula Schroeder.