October PR-B Community Ed corner
• Karate and Self-Defense - Ultimate Martial Arts: Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30 p.m. in the high school multi use gym. $49/monthly session. Martial Arts gives you a positive way to burn calories, learn loyalty, honor and build self confidence. Master Instructor 6th Degree Black Belt Rob Nelson
Juniors (ages 6-12) Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30-7:15 p.m.
Adult (ages 13+) Tuesdays & Thursdays 7:15-8 p.m.
Testing & uniforms available for an extra fee.
Session 1 dates: Oct. 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 22, 24, 29
Session 2 dates: Nov. 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26
To register call Community Ed at 218-587-2080 or UMA at 218-454-8728.
• Stress Management for Caregivers: 6-7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 1 in high school room 53. Fee: $5. Taken from Powerful Tools for Caregivers, a self-care education program for family caregivers, this evidence-based course is shown to have a positive impact on caregiver health.
• Home Brewing Basics: Thursday, Oct. 3 from 6-8 p.m. in High school room 53. Fee: $10. Learn important terms, methods, and styles relating to beer. Must be 21 or older. Instructor: Brent Passarella.
• The Basics of Memory Loss, Dementia & Alzheimer‘s Disease: 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8 in high school room 53. Fee: $5. The Basics is intended for anyone who would like to learn more about this disease and related dementias. Materials are provided by the Alzheimer’s Association.
• Pumpkin Shape Art: Wednesday, Oct. 9 from 3-5 p.m. Fee: $5. Join the fun in using different shapes to create a pumpkin picture. Instructor: Amber
• Computer Basics: Thurs., Oct. 10 from 6:30-8 p.m. in high school room 31B. Fee: $16. This hands-on class will help students to develop a better understanding of the basic workings of your personal computer. You will cover basic computer parts and technical terminology. Explore the functions of the computer through opening programs, working with windows, and toolbar menus. Handouts will be provided in class so come with a writing utensil and your questions. Watch for more new computer classes this winter.
• Survival Class: Saturday, Oct. 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Commons (Door 17) and school forest. Fee: $15. Youth and adults (ages 11 to adult). Learn the basics of surviving overnight in the great outdoors. Survival supplies given out in class. This class will include hands–on and classroom style instruction scheduled both indoors and outdoors. Bring a packed lunch, snack, and drink. Dress appropriately for outdoor activities. Class activities include: Basic first aid, signs of being lost, fire building materials and supplies, shelter types and construction, rescue techniques, safe water, what are MRE’s and how to make one.
Instructors: Rodney Helms & Shawn Birr
• St. Mathias Farm field trip: Saturday, Oct. 12 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Limit 60 people. Fee: $4/person. All ages welcome - children under 9 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Visit a working farm, including a walk through the corn maze and a hayride. Bring your own sack lunch. Bus will leave PR-B bus parking lot at 9:30 a.m. sharp and return by 2 p.m. Dress appropriately for the weather, and walking around the farm. Pre-register through Community Ed. Trip sponsored by Happy Dancing Turtle.
• Pumpkin Gourd Decorating: Tuesday, Oct. 15 3-5 p.m. Fee: $5. Come see what we can do to decorate small pumpkins. No cutting or messy seed scooping. Instructor: Amber
• Paper Mache Mask Making: Mon., Oct. 21 and Thurs, Oct. 24 3-5 p.m. Fee: $10. Have fun designing your own mask. During the first class we will mold a template out of play dough and then apply the paper mache. Masks will be dry for decorating during the second class.
• Driver‘s Education Classroom: Oct. 24 through Nov. 8 3:15-6:15 p.m. in high school room 28. Participants must be at least 15 years of age by start of class, or receive approval of instructor. An original birth certificate is required for registration. Registration deadline is Oct. 16.
To register for a class visit prbschools.revtrak.net or call 218-587-2080 for more information.