Pequot Lakes High School Artist of the Month for April
• Brief history about yourself, interests, hobbies: I live in Pequot Lakes with my family. Hobbies include hockey, golf and baseball.
• Future plans: Go to college and play hockey.
• Family: Mom, Cindy Couture-Noyes, and father, Dave Couture.
• How many years have you had art? In my earlier years in high school I was never into art much. When I was in 11th grade I had to take an elective art class and really found out that I enjoyed it. I decided my senior year to take art again. I worked as Mr. Guenther’s aid plus took Art II.
• What type of medium do you like to work with most? In Art II I have concentrated on fish decoy carving. My first decoys were nothing special, but I had to start somewhere. I wasn’t good at it but with a lot of practice I am very happy with the quality of my fish decoys I am producing now and am having success with them. I really enjoy art, but enjoy carving the most.