Learn natural shoreline repair on YouTube
Learn natural shoreline repair through video information on YouTube
Five educational videos about shoreline best management practices are now available on YouTube for contractors and landowners in central Minnesota and the Upper Midwest. The videos feature erosion control and stormwater management techniques including:
• How to restore your shore with coir logs: http://youtu.be/71q6eH0WTkQ.
• How to restore your shore with native plants: http://youtu.be/3Z1paPcIVeM.
• How to stabilize your shore with erosion control fabric: http://youtu.be/d81wN8xzqjw.
• How to install a soil wrap slope break: http://youtu.be/86H_lzreOLg.
• How to stabilize your shoreline with live fascines: http://youtu.be/7GSyOlZj4KI.
“Mobile devices allow contractors and landowners to view these videos at the job site, identify best management practices and train employees on the fly. We hope that these videos will help to provide the information and know-how to repair shorelines with natural materials,” said Beth Hippert, Crow Wing County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) district technician.
The project was sponsored by Crow Wing SWCD, University of Minnesota Extension, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Thirty Lakes Watershed, and Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources.
Project dollars were provided by the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment, Clean Water Fund.
For more information, contact Robert Bauer at 218-828-6197 or email@example.com, or visit www2.co.crow-wing.mn.us/swcd.
SWCD and project sponsors encourage all contractors and landowners to watch and share the YouTube videos with employees, customers and neighbors.