PR-B Community Education offers February classes
Pine River-Backus Community Education offers the following classes in February:
• Ultimate Martial Arts Karate and Self-Defense Session No. 2: Tuesdays and Thursdays in February.
Instructors are Rob Nelson, Master Instructor sixth Degree Black Belt, and Monica Volz, second Degree Black Belt Instructor. Family discounts available. Testing and uniforms available for an extra fee.
Children ages 4-5, 6-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, $25 for four weeks. Juniors ages 6-12, 6:30-7:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, $49 for four weeks. Adult ages 13+, 7:15-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, $49 for four weeks.
• Archery (5th-8th grades): 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through March 21, elementary gym.
There will be two classes: Beginners class for those who have not shot a compound bow and an advanced class for those who own a bow and had prior instruction and experience. Instructor is Kraig King, certified DNR instructor. Fee: $10.
• Tea Time: Warmth for the Soul: 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at Stone Woman Herbals Store, downtown Pine River.
Make a personal blend that is your signature tea. There will be lots of tea tasting and treats in this workshop. Fee is $10.
• Basic Beading: 1-3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 10, Thrifty Living.
Create a jewelry necklace, bracelet and earrings. Beads and supplies are included; additional beads are available for purchase for future projects. Fee is $12
• Story Book Favorites: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, CLC classroom.
Make a book using different papers and supplies. Use your imagination to make extra books. Instructor is Mary Jo Litke. Cost is $7 per family.
• Downhill Skiing at Ski Gull for 5th-9th grades: 6-10:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15.
Bring a snack and beverage or money to purchase on-site. Meet in the Commons after school to board the bus. Parents should pick up their student in the back at entrance #17 by the Commons at 10:30 p.m.
Adult volunteers are needed to help supervise. Call Teri at 218-587-2080 or make a note on your child’s registration form. Fee is $20 (includes skis, lift ticket and bus).
• Power of Plants: 3-5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, Room 107.
Discuss the power of plants while planting many different plants while retrieving seeds and examining seeds. Students will take home all the plants discussed along with seeds and experiments to continue at home. Fee is $15.
• Beads, Bobbles, Buttons and Bows: 3-5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20, Room 107.
Create your own style of jewelry and make a headband. Bring hair-clips or a box to decorate and keep your creations in. Fee is $5.
Note: Winter sports overlap Feb. 21 and 22. Final Registration is due by Feb. 15. Contact PR-B Community Education at 218-587-2080 to register or for more information. Or register online at prbschools.revtrak.net.