Upcoming PR-B Community Education classes listed
Pine River-Backus Community Education offers the following upcoming classes:
• Beginners Drawing With Renata, 6-7:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28, elementary library. Fee is $10.
Participants will learn how to draw basic shapes and how to use them to draw different subjects. Practice drawing sample items and learn how to shade objects. Different supplies will be discussed that can be used for drawing.
• Gymnastics (grades 2-6), 3:15-5 p.m. Jan. 28-March 6, elementary gym. Fee is $20.
Learn basic tumbling skills and build skills with flips and more. Skill levels will be assessed at the first practice. Students will be separated by grade or skill level and notified of practice schedule.
Instructor is Nicole Smith. Grades 2-4 meet Mondays, grades 5-6 meet Wednesdays.
• Adult Water Aerobics, 10-11 a.m. Mondays, Jan. 28-March 25, AmericInn in Jenkins. Fee is $5 per time.
Build your aerobic health. The use of water incorporated with the aerobics supports the body and reduces the risk of muscle or joint injury. It can increase a greater range of motion and circulation as well.
Exercise in water can also prevent overheating through continuous cooling of the body. This is an entire body exercise that is low impact.
Bring a towel and aqua-cell wet bells or empty milk jugs for exercises.
Stop by Community Education in Pine River for a punch card or purchase from the instructor at the pool. Instructor is Dorothy Potz.
• Snow tubing at Trout Lake Camp (grades 4-6), 3:05-5:45 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30. Fee is $10.
Slide the slopes on inner tubes at Trout Lake Camp. Meet in the Commons to board the bus. Bring a drink and a snack. Hot chocolate will be provided.
Parent volunteers are needed. Parents should pick their child up at the back entrance by the Commons (#17) at 5:45 p.m.
• Beginning Meditation, 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 31 and Feb. 7, 14 and 21, PR-B High School Choir Room 74. Fee is $48.
Learn basic meditation and breathing techniques intended to give participants the skills and knowledge to start their own regular practice. Benefits of regular meditation practice include increased self-knowledge and awareness of one’s holistic nature, inner calm to cope with the ups and downs of life, improved breathing for increased health and well-being, stress management and relaxation.
Instructor is Tori Heide, 28-year practitioner. Fee is $48 (includes four-CD set and book).