High school seniors may apply for $20,000 college scholarship
High school seniors throughout northeastern and north central Minnesota who will graduate in the spring in 2013 are encouraged to apply for a scholarship from the Marshall H. and Nellie Alworth Memorial Fund.
Applications can be completed online at www.alworthscholarship.org. The application period continues through Jan. 15, 2013.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must:
• Be graduating from a high school in one of the following Minnesota counties: Aitkin, Beltrami, Carlton, Cass, Cook, Crow Wing, Lake, Itasca, Koochiching and St. Louis.
• Have a composite score of 26 or higher on the American College Test (ACT).
• Commit to a major in math or science-related field.
• Have demonstrated qualities of character, perseverance and ambition.
• Be from a family whose taxable income is less than $120,000.
For full scholarship requirement information, visit www.alworthscholarship.org.