Early Childhood Family Education lists winter class schedule
Classes for families of young children will start in January at the new Early Childhood Center on the east end of Eagle View Elementary School.
Check out the available options or call Sarah at the Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) office at 562-7520 to register.
Early childhood classes support families in their efforts to raise children. ECFE is staffed by licensed teachers in early childhood and/or parent education.
Following are available classes:
• Infant Class is offered for four weeks on Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Jan. 2, 9, 16 and 23. This class is for parents and babies from birth through age 12 months. Sibling care is available.
• Daddy and Me is a four-week class where dads spend time with their child doing fun activities. The class meets Tuesdays from 6-7:30 p.m. Jan. 8, 15, 22 and 29.
• One’s and Two’s class is for a morning out with your toddler. Choose 9-10 a.m. Mondays, Jan. 7-April 22, or Tuesdays, Jan. 8-March 26.
• Two’s and Three’s class includes art, music and circle time activities to participate in together with your child. Part of the class time will be just for the parents to talk about their child’s development. Choose 10:30 a.m. to noon Mondays, Jan. 7-April 22, or Tuesdays, Jan. 8-March 26.
• Three’s, Four’s and Five’s – Kinder Prep class is offered from 1-2:30 p.m. Mondays or Tuesdays for a preschool children who will be going into kindergarten in a year or two. Monday classes meet Jan. 7-April 22 while the Tuesday class meets Jan. 8-March 26.
• Family Class is for infants to age 5 and meets from 6-7:30 p.m. Mondays, Jan. 7-April 22.
• Music and Art for ages 2 to 5 combines learning about music with art projects and a variety of preschool activities. Parents will separate to discuss parenting issues. This class meets from 1-2:30 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 10-March 28.
Home visits are available for families who want more individual interaction with the parent educator or are offered to parents who may not feel comfortable in a group class setting. Call 218-562-7520 for more information.