Pine River-Backus Family Center lists May events
Following are the Pine River-Backus Family Center happenings for May:
• Family Center Governing Board: The Family Council is a group of people from the Pine River-Backus area who are concerned about the welfare of children and families. If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about the family center or becoming a board member, call Leslie at 587-4292.
• Pine River Area Food Shelf: Open Tuesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and the second Tuesday of the month (May 13) from 3:30-7 p.m. The food shelf is located in the basement of First Lutheran Church in Pine River.
• Wonderful Wednesdays & Terrific Tuesdays: Information will be coming out in mid-May.
• Pig Roast Fundraiser: Support the Pine River Area Food Shelf during the second annual Cars ‘N’ Que event Saturday, May 3. Jr’s No. 19 BBQ will sponsor the pig roast fundraiser for the food shelf. We will be serving from 4-8 p.m. or until we run out of pig.
• Hidden Jewels Thrift Store: Is open Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. There is a 50 percent off storewide sale now until May 9. Stop in and check out all of the merchandise that changes daily. No donations are being accepted at this time.
• Home Visiting Program: Provides families with information, activities, a listening ear and alternatives in parenting coming from a research-based curriculum (Growing Great Kids). Free prenatal gift bags are available to everyone regardless of whether they participate in home visiting. For more information, call Krissy at 218-587-4292.
• MAC/NAPS: Pick up is May 13 from 2-4 p.m.
• WIC: Will be here May 7 and 8. Call Cass County at 547-1340 for an appointment.
• Family Planning: Is May 6. Call 877-275-6123 to schedule an appointment.
• CTC: Is May 22. Call Karen at 218-587-4292 to schedule your child’s appointment.
The Family Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays and is located at 245 Barclay Ave., Pine River. The Family Center will be closed May 26 in observation of Memorial Day. Call 218-587-4292 or visit www.prbfamilycenter.org.