Recap of 2013 priorities in Pequot Lakes
Recap of 2013 priorities
Pequot Lakes City Council priorities in 2013 included:
• Sibley Lake Park (in progress): replace stairs, upgrade lighting, modernize the park with a playground and dog park.
• Splash park (in progress): possibly include a winter skating rink.
• Bike, snowmobile and walking trails, including to Sibley Lake Park.
• Acquire center of town park from DNR (completed in 2013).
• Equalize taxing districts and amend city/Sibley Township annexation agreement (completed in 2013).
• Develop a capital improvement plan (ongoing).
• Adopt a comprehensive plan (completed in 2013).
• City gateways with an emphasis on County Road 11 (in progress).
• Sewer ponds and their impact on the future highway (in progress).
• Assessment of downtown and where amenities should be.
• Future commercial development sites (identify future Industrial Park expansion areas).
• Turnback of Highway 371 and County Road 11 (plan for those becoming city streets) (in progress).
• Streets and infrastructure plan (assess needs, including storm sewers and costs).
• Public works facility (completed in 2013 with a garage built).
• Assess all infrastructure.
• City administrator (a committee decided not to proceed with this idea at this time).
• Revolving loan fund.
• Incentives for vacant lot development.