Early Childhood Family Education winter classes lised
Classes for families of young children will start early in January in the new Early Childhood Center on the east end of Eagle View Elementary School.
Call Sarah at the Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) office at 562-7520 to register.
The early childhood classes support families in their efforts to raise their children. ECFE is staffed by licensed teachers in early childhood and/or parent education.
• Infant class will be offered for four weeks on Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Jan. 8-29, for parents and their baby from birth through 12 months. Specify if you will need sibling care.
• Daddy and Me is a four-week class, from 6-7:30 p.m. Mondays, Jan. 6, 13 and 27 and Feb. 3. This is a class for Dads to spend time with their child doing fun activities.
• One’s and Two’s class is for a morning out with your toddler. Choose Mondays from 9-10 a.m. Jan. 6-April 14, or Tuesdays from Jan. 7-April 1.
• Two’s and Three’s class includes art, music and circle time activities to participate in together with your child. Part of the class time will be just for the parents to talk about their child’s development. There are two sections of class to choose from: Mondays, Jan. 6-April 14, or Tuesdays, Jan. 7-April 1. Both classes meet from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
• Three’s, Four’s and Five’s-Kinder Prep class is offered from 1-2:30 p.m. with classes on Mondays or Tuesdays. This is a great class for a preschool child who will be going into kindergarten in a year or two. Monday classes meet Jan. 6-April 14 while the Tuesday class meets Jan. 7-April 1.
• Family Class is for infants to 5 year olds and meets from 6-7:30 p.m. Mondays, Feb. 10-April 14.
• Music and Art for ages 2 to 5 combines learning about music with art projects and a variety of preschool activities. Parents will separate to discuss parenting issues. This class meets from 1-2:30 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 9-April 3.
• Home visits are available for families who want more individual interaction with the parent educator or is offered to parents who may not feel comfortable in a group class setting. Call 218-562-7520 for more information.