Pequot Lakes' $33 million school bonding project, start to finish
Start to finish
Start to finish
Following is a timeline of Pequot Lakes’ $33 million school bonding project, from start to finish.
• May, 2007: strategic plan laid out by the district identifies the need for better facilities as a top priority.
• June 8, 2010: The first vote is held for the building bond referendum; it fails.
• Feb. 8, 2011: The referendum goes up against another vote; this time it passes.
• May 2011: Interest groups meet to begin discussing what the public, students and staff are looking for in new facilities.
• Fall 2011: Construction begins at Eagle View Elementary School.
• April 2012: Construction begins on Phase I of the project at the middle level and high school, including a new fifth-grade wing.
• May 2012: Construction begins on new media center, formerly the courtyard, and new science wing.
• June 2012: Construction begins on new gym, athletic wing.
• August 2012: Construction is completed at Eagle View Elementary School.
• September 2012: School begins with fifth-grade in a new wing of the middle level building and completed science wing.
• March 2013: Construction on media center is completed.
• April 2013: District purchases technology for several stationary and mobile computer labs.
• Aug. 9, 2013: Gym is completed.
• Aug. 28, 2013: School receives certificate of occupancy for entire building.
• Sept. 3, 2013: The new school year begins with gym, media center, cafeteria and numerous other additions in use.
• Future: New bleachers will be installed on football field, bringing seating from 500 to 1,000.