Traffic switches to southbound lanes on Highway 371 in Nisswa
Both directions of Highway 371 traffic in Nisswa shifted onto the newly constructed southbound lanes Monday, July 22, to allow crews to reconstruct the northbound lanes.
Area traffic impacts include:
• Traffic is reduced to a single lane in each direction.
• Temporary traffic signal at Nisswa Avenue remains operational for full access to and from the city of Nisswa, local businesses and Highway 371.
• Access at Highway 371/Main Street closed permanently.
• Accesses at Highway 371/County Road 18 and Highway 371/Clark Lake Road closed temporarily.
• Speed limit is 45 mph.
• Permit restrictions remain in effect at 8.5 feet wide.
Local roads and accesses
• Periodic road and lane closures, signed short detours or flaggers directing traffics
• Access to businesses remains open.
Motorists should be alert for sudden stops and watch for workers and heavy moving equipment in the work zone.
Once complete, the project will improve motorist and pedestrian safety and mobility, reconstruct four lanes of Highway 371, improve turn lanes and provide a new Crow Wing County Road 18 connection and traffic signal.
The project also adds a new pedestrian tunnel, improves local roads and utilities and creates better access to the Paul Bunyan Trail.
The entire $7.6 million project is to be completed by November.
To learn more about this project, visit www.mndot.gov/d3/hwy371nisswa/