Bill Bright offered position of maintenance supervisor
Unapproved draft meeting minutes from the Fifty Lakes City Council meeting held in May show the council offered the city’s vacant maintenance supervisor position to Bill Bright. The position was vacated by Eldon Lee, who retired April 30.
The draft minutes show Mayor Ken Hersey reported that the city received 32 applications for the position. The council conducted interviews with 11 candidates, then narrowed it down to three.
The council was unanimous in its decision to offer the job to Bright, whose first day was scheduled to be June 3, at a salary of $19.80 per hour plus benefits.
Bright was previously in a part-time maintenance position and has been with the city since 2010, said city clerk Karen Stern.
A farewell party for Lee will be held at 6 p.m. Monday, June 24, in the city pavilion. Lee had been with the city since 1998.
Draft minutes show the council agreed May 14 to pay Lee’s accrued vacation, sick time and comp time in the amount of $2,407.56.
In other business May 14, the council:
• Applied $1,628 in timber sales and workman’s comp refunds to the roads fund.
• Approved a renewal of the Golden Eagle Golf Properties, LLP liquor license.
• Approved Travis Orth to the fire and rescue department.
• Approved sale of a 1992 backhoe for $20,000.
• Planned to hold a meeting with Harlan Johnson regarding the city’s health insurance plan and step system procedure.