Weather Forecast

Fire damages Nisswa home
Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
news ,

The Nisswa Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 4 p.m. Sunday, April 7, at 8995 Garden View Road, Nisswa.

Nisswa Fire Chief Richard Geike said the home, owned by Jamie Burnard, was not a total loss but had extensive smoke damage. Geike said Burnard arrived home and realized that the home was on fire.


Geike said the cause of the fire appeared to be from a water line attached to the refrigerator. Geike said the water from the line actually helped contain the fire.

There were no injuries. Nearly 20 firefighters were on scene, including firefighters from Mission and Pequot Lakes fire departments, North Ambulance and Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Office.