School board opts for maximum in 2013 proposed levy
The Pequot Lakes School Board chose the maximum levy possible when it set the proposed 2013 levy Monday night, Sept. 16.
Lea St. Onge, business manager for the district, said the amount of the maximum levy possible is not yet known. She did not speculate on a ballpark range on that amount; the bond referendum for school construction and renovations will affect it.
Defined numbers will be available at the end of the month, St. Onge said. Superintendent Rick Linnell said that levying the maximum is standard and allows the district to make adjustments as numbers change throughout the rest of the year.
This year’s school district final levy was $4,484,509.87; the 2011 levy was 3,623,395.40.
Staffing changes approved Monday night include:
• The resignations of Valerie Derksen, food service; Tami Kuehl, paraprofessional; and Mike Nelson, middle level football coach.
• Childcare leave requests of Rhonda Sawyer and Kristina Johnson.
• The hiring of Megan Afagwu and Beth Page, food service staff; Jodi Strehlow; Kelli Adamson-Levenski; Robin Olson, paraprofessional; Joe Thatcher, bus driver; and Chris Johnson, middle level football coach.
• The termination of Denise Bickford, paraprofessional.
In other business Monday, the school board:
• Approved construction bond disbursements for 4,049,884.55.
• Paid bills in the amount of 247,795.41.